Kang’s language change
- Constructions: oh man; it’s okay; you like that? (poopie?) big poopie?
- Three shu (three books)
- No you suck.
- No you luosuo.
- No peek; no push me baby.
- No take my toy.
- Miss for everyone.
- Only 2 (more than 1).
- 1, 2, three . only four.
- Let’s do it.” Bu yao le? Too full le?
- No inflection.
- Little –ing Little inversion.
- Parking: you yi dian dian space baby de che parking le.
- doesn’t understand boy gir difference. big boy. amelia big boy. amelia good boy.
- looking at old pictures. daddy’s hair not all gone: 这是谁？ daddy啊。 喔。 谁的daddy？
Agatha (her notebooks; inspring; get those little ones, label them)
“I don’t known if every author feels it. But I think I do—that I’m pretending to be something I am not. Because, even today, I do not quite feel as thought I am an author. I still have that overlag of feeing that I am pretending to be an author. Perhaps I am a little like my grandsom…” p.504
Going back to the Me who was the embark on that journey followed through time. I have not been bounded by time or space. I have been able to linger where I wanted, jump backward and forward as I wished.” P.517
“ my miserable, horrible, inevitable shyness.” P.505
age 75 only one daughter and one grandson.
“the enormous pleasure of dropping into bed and going to sleep and dreams of every variety.” P.518
“Thank God for my good life, and for all the love that has been given to me.” P.519 Wellingford Oct 11th 1965
“As for trains, what can beat a Train: Especially before the diesels and their smell arrived. A great puffing monster carrying you through gorges and valleys by waterfalls, past snow mountains, alongside country roads with strange peasants in carts.
Trains are wonderful; I still adore them. To travel by them is to see nature and t…towers and churches and rivers, in fact, to see life”.p.208